Fully Restored by PianoWorks, highlights of the work performed are below:
- New solid spruce soundboard, matching the original design, installed by PianoWorks
- New maple bridge caps
- New fully-fit, 5-ply maple pinblock
- New German action (shanks, flanges, repetitions)
- New NY Steinway hammers
- New Steinway action rails
- New German damper action
- New custom key set on original restored keyframe (Roseland)
- Optimized action geometry for ideal touch-weight & responsiveness
- Fully refinished in figured satin mahogany
- Freshly re-plated nickel hardware (as was original spec)
- Restored cast iron frame (new agraffes, reshaped V-bar, reguilded and re-lettered)
- All new felts (plate felts, Steinway damper felts, case felts, bushings, guide rails, trap work)
The result is a vintage instrument with all of the power, color, balance, responsiveness, and durability of a new Steinway grand. It has the added advantage of being fully prepared by master concert technicians, with tighter tolerances in the execution of the design that only a facility like ours can produce. PianoWorks’ resume of repeat restoration clients includes the most demanding and prestigious institutions in the Southeast and beyond.
There are no reviews yet.