Hailun’s H-5P (sometimes referred to as HU-5P) features numerous design and build quality upgrades rarely found in upright pianos even for a higher price.
- Agraffes (common in grands, these precision milled brass string terminations improve tone, tuning, stability, durability and consistency across the piano scale.)
- cast aluminum key bed (important for not only the piano keys, but also the piano action…the cast aluminum does not warp or change over time)
- full perimeter cast iron frame (increased rigidity improves dynamic range, tuning stability, overall longevity of the instrument)
- Plated internal hardware (better protection than typical painted hardware against corrosion, looks better, too)
- Upgraded Capo terminations (milled metal inserts are more consistent than cast iron and come in varying hardness to best match the scale design, also improves longevity by reducing string wear)
- Solid or Laminate wood construction, the model H-5P does not contain particle board (unlike Japanese competitors that regularly use particle board in elements of construction)